Fair trading terms
YOUR BOOKING AND PAYMENT
- Bookings can be regarded as firm only when written confirmation has been issued by us on receipt of the initial payment.
- Parties which do not comprise of couples or family groups must notify this fact when making a reservation.
- If the accommodation should subsequently become uninhabitable or unavailable for reasons beyond our control no liability can be accepted beyond issuing a full credit.
- When a booking has been confirmed in writing by us the hirer becomes liable for the total holiday cost, with any balance outstanding being due no later than 8 weeks before the holiday start date. No reminder will be sent. Should payment not be received within 8 weeks the initial payment will be forfeited and the holiday offered for resale. The hirer will remain liable for the balance of the holiday cost if a resale is not effected. Cancellation insurance is therefore recommended unless the total holiday cost is forwarded to us on booking and the risk of there being no refund is fully accepted by you.
- Bookings are from Saturday to Saturday (except out of season midweek and weekend bookings by arrangement) and you are requested to keep to the arrival and departure times as follows:
Arrivals not before 3.00 p.m.
Departure not later than 10.00 a.m.
We would request that you observe these stated times in order that the property can be cleaned between departures and arrivals.
- Where pets are accepted it is on the express condition that they are never left alone in the property nor allowed in bedrooms or on the furniture. We would also request that as there will be children staying in the Cottage that pets do not do their toilet in the garden due to the health risk.
- Hirers rights to occupy the property may be forfeited without compensation if any activity is undertaken which may cause unreasonable damage to the property or noise or disturbance to the neighbours.
COMPLAINTS, DAMAGE AND BREAKAGES
- We will investigate any complaint as soon as practicable and make all reasonable efforts to assist. Whilst we take every care to maintain and replace equipment as necessary, we cannot accept liability for any short term equipment failure or any problem beyond our reasonable control.
- We would ask you to take all reasonable care of the property and its contents and leave equipment, furnishings, utensils etc. in a clean and tidy condition prior to the requested time for departure.
- You will be responsible for the cost of any breakages, damage or exceptional cleaning occasioned by any member of your party. In the case of breakages or damage you must either make good or replace such items. Where this is not practicable, you must report all items and make reimbursement to the key holder prior to departure, or to us.
- We reserve the right to enter the property on reasonable notice (except in an emergency) to carry out maintenance or resolve any problem.